Personal identification information
We, at Insurance, believe in respecting privacy of its Users by maintaining the highest standards for secure transactions and protection of User’s personal information.
Insurance may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit Site, register on the Site, place an order, download details of any product/service, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on Site.
Users may be asked for personally identifiable details, financial and health related information, such as name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, PAN/Aadhar number, nominee details, photograph, User’s payment information, payment/purchase history, credit score, monthly/annual income, loan/financial history, health/medical/physical fitness information, bank account details, credit card information, User’s mobile device location, information (identifiers that relate to an individual device, browser or application, e.g. an IMEI number, MAC address, Widevine Device ID, Firebase installation ID, or advertising identifier) and any such other related information or data as may be required for offering products and services offered by Insurance.
User may also note and understand that while accessing Site or downloading or using the mobile application (android or iOS) of Insurance, the User authorizes Insurance to access and use information, such as, SMS, instant messages, contacts in your directory, location, camera access to take pictures & videos, photo gallery access and device information such as IP address, logged in accounts etc. We also collect mobile application information and performance data (such as crash logs, diagnostics and other application related information) as well as IMEI number, MAC address, Widevine Device ID, Firebase installation ID, or advertising identifier etc, along with other User’s generated content. We may also request you to provide your PAN, GST Number, Government issued ID cards/number and Know-Your-Customer (KYC) details at the time of buying the policy to meet with guidelines of the Insurance regulatory authority, IRDAI.
Users may, however, visit Site anonymously. Insurance will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to it. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
Insurance may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
We may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service and respond to customer queries/requests more efficiently.
- To personalize User experience, we may use the aggregate information to understand how Users as a group use the services and resources provided on Site.
- To improve User’s experience, We may share information voluntarily provided by the Users to its third party service providers, as may be needed.
- To facilitate and improve the usage/experience of Site, We may use feedback from Users to improve products and services offered by Insurance.
- To process payments We may use the Users information as provided when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To share some information (other than User’s personal information like name, address, email address or telephone number) with third-party advertising companies and/or ad agencies to serve ads when Users visit Site.
- We also share User’s relevant information with its selected insurance companies to provide product or services requested by the Users or otherwise.
- To address User’s queries and resolve User’s concerns pertaining to any product or service from Site.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature to send Users information they agreed to receive about topics We think will be of interest to them.
- To send User information and updates.
- We may share User’s Information in any other circumstances where we has User’s consent.
Option to Opt-out
If User decides to opt-in to mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, We include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact it via the Site.
How we protect User’s information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of User’s personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its users happen over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Sharing User’s Personal Information
We may use third party service providers to help its’ business operation efficiently and effectively and the Site or administer activities on its behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share User’s information with these third parties for limited purposes provided that User’s has given its’ permission.
Third Party Websites
Users may find content on Site that links to the sites and services of insurance companies which may appear on Site for online sale of insurance. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by our sites linked to or from Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Changes to this Policy
By using this Site in any manner, User signifies its acceptance of the Policy. If the User does not agree to this Policy, User is advised to not use the Site. User continued uses of the Site, following the posting of changes to this Policy will be deemed User’s acceptance of those changes.